CCSI provides high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory services at its main office located within the Cancer Care Center of Decatur, at Cancer Center of O’Fallon, and at Crossroads Cancer Center in Effingham. These laboratories are also COLA-accredited.
Staff include Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Clinical Laboratory Technicians and Phlebotomists. Phlebotomists are specially trained to draw blood and collect laboratory specimens. Clinical Laboratory Scientists and Clinical Laboratory Technicians process laboratory tests and are responsible for reviewing and evaluating final test results.
Laboratory services include:
- Hematology/Coagulation Tests such as Complete Blood Count (CBC), Reticulocyte Counts (Retic), Sedimentation Rate and Prothrombin Time (Protime).
- Chemistry Tests such as Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP), Lipid Profile, Hepatic Profile, Iron Studies and Immunoglobulins.
- Immunology Tests such as Tumor Markers (CEA, CA15-3, CA125, CA19-9, PSA), Thyroid Profile, Anemia Profile (Vitamin B12, Folate, Ferritin, EPO), and Vitamin D.
- Flow Cytometry (technical component) Tests such as Leukemia/Lymphoma Immunophenotyping and Plasma Cell Dyscrasia on peripheral blood and bone marrow specimens.
- Miscellaneous tests such as Urinalysis, Pregnancy Test and Hemoccult Test.
CCSI’s laboratory staff also assist in bone marrow and fine needle aspiration procedures and coordinate with area hospitals and other reference laboratories to provide comprehensive laboratory services.