People diagnosed with cancer or a blood disorder often have some of the following thoughts:
- I feel so alone.
- Am I going crazy?
- No one understands what I am going through.
- I am afraid.
A cancer or blood disorder diagnosis is difficult. By providing a safe space and a relationship based on trust and respect, counseling can help you manage and respond to your mixed emotions about this particular life challenge.
Cancer Care Specialists of Illinois has counseling services available for both you and your loved ones – separately or together. Counseling can help:
- Explore what this experience means.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your health care team.
- Discuss concerns about finishing treatment.
- Learn ways to cope with your diagnosis – feel less overwhelmed and more in control.
- Address any relationship issues.
- Manage any depression and anxiety.
- Discuss end of life concerns.
- Talk about caregiving challenges.
Please call 217-329-3255 to set up an appointment or to ask any questions you might have about our counseling services.
Shannon Nail, MA, LCPC
(Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor)
Cancer Care Specialists of Illinois – Decatur