Throughout the years, many families have asked CCSI about making charitable contributions which would be used locally to promote cancer awareness, education and research. CCSI established the Charitable Fund as a way for people to do just that.
The CCSI Charitable Fund was established to enhance community-based cancer awareness, education, and support programs throughout Central Illinois and has expanded through Southern Illinois as our practice has grown over the years.
The CCSI Charitable Fund is used to support many cancer-related activities (such as Cancer Survivors Day, American Cancer Society Relay for Life and Come Together Let’s Walk) that enhance and further cancer awareness and education programs for cancer patients and their families, as well as for the general public, throughout central and southern Illinois, and St. Louis Metro East.
The CCSI Charitable Fund also provides educational development opportunities to individuals (such as nurses, laboratory technicians, pharmacists, and radiation therapists) who provide oncology/hematology services in Central Illinois and to students who are interested in pursuing oncology/hematology careers.
The CCSI Charitable Fund is a component fund of The Community Foundation of Decatur/Macon County. Personal and corporate donations are welcomed and help the Charitable Fund provide a perpetual source of grants that will continue to support cancer-related activities and programs for years to come. Donations are tax-deductible. If you would like to make a donation via credit card, call 217-429-3000 during regular business hours and ask for Carroll or Missy.
The CCSI Charitable Fund & Scholarship Program
- For more information about The CCSI Charitable Fund & Scholarship Program or to make a donation, click here.
The CCSI Charitable Fund Scholarship Application
- To print a copy of the CCSI Charitable Fund Scholarship Application, click here.
2017 CCSI Sponsored Events
American Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE Events
(Select a county to visit the official ACS event site)
- Richland County – Olney – April 22
- Randolph County – Red Bud – May 6
- DeWitt County – Clinton – June 3
- Christian County – Taylorville – June 16
- Marion County – Centralia – June 16
- Piatt County – Monticello – June 17
- Marion County – Salem – June 23
- Southern St. Clair County – Swansea – Friday, June 23
- Highland – Highland – June 24
- Effingham County – Teutopolis – July 7
- Macon County – Friday, July 21
- Visit the Macon County Relay For Life Facebook Page
- Clinton County – Breese – August 4
- Shelby County – Shelbyville – August 12
- Coles County – Mattoon – August 19
HSHS St. Joseph’s Foundation
March Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Highland – March
HSHS St. Anthony’s Butterfly Ball
to benefit Southern Illinois Hospice
Effingham – Friday, April 28, 2017
Fear Nothing Cancer Support (Southeastern IL Community Foundation) Derby Day
Effingham – Saturday, May 6, 2017
HSHS St. Mary’s Foundation Golf Outing
to benefit education/cancer center
Country Club of Decatur
Monday, May 22, 2017
For more information, visit HSHS St. Mary’s website >
National Cancer Survivors Day
- Decatur – Tuesday, June 6, 6 pm, Decatur Conference Center and Hotel, Featuring Bob Flider & Anna Keyes
- Effingham – Thursday, June 8, 6 pm, KC Hall, Effingham, Entertainment J. Christopher One Man Band
- Pana – TBA
Come Together – Let’s Walk 2017
Fairview Park, Decatur, Survivorship Sponsor
Saturday, June 24, 7:45 am Pre-Activities – 9:00 am Walk/Race
For more information, visit cometogetherletswalk.com >
KERBYSTRONG – 3rd Annual KERBYSTRONG 100 Race to Win the Fight Against Cancer
Macon Speedway (Macon, IL)
Saturday, July 21, 2017, 7 pm
For more information, visit kerbystrong.com >
Prostate Cancer Screening Event
Thursday, September 22, Cancer Care Center of Decatur, DMH Education Classrooms and CCSI Urologic Oncology Department
The Early Detection Connection: Breast Cancer Awareness Event
Friday, October 6 – multiple sites, including Cancer Care Center of Decatur front driveway